Scented with our ‘Home’ blend of Niaouli, Bergamot and Patchouli. We wanted to be able to take a mini version of our candle away with us on staycations, as we couldn’t bear to be apart. So what better way then in our cute little battered paint tin pots! A damaged consignment, destined for scrap, but made only more desirable to us by all their imperfections.
Our candles are truly unique. Hand-poured in Wales by a master candle maker so that the proportions are perfectly balanced. Rapeseed wax swirled with Repurposed Coffee Grounds sourced from local coffee houses with our unique signature blend of premium essential oils. Once you have tried these candles you won’t want to use anything else!
We love working with rapeseed wax. It’s a sustainable alternative to other natural and mineral based waxes. Rapeseed is grown extensively in both the UK and Europe and did you know our bees just love it too!? ..and we are all for helping our bees. So, by using this in our premium candles, we are ensuring a low carbon footprint. It is also sustainable and non-genetically modified. Apart from its great eco credentials, it makes the PERFECT candle! It’s a lovely creamy white consistency that holds fragrance exceptionally both when lit and unlit. It burns at a low temperature so the fragrance from our premium essential oils evaporate gently from the wax pool – which also helps the fragrance linger for longer and makes sure it extends the burn time. Its burns clean which means it leaves no soot; gives off no harmful toxins; and leaves no waste. This gives you, our customer, great quality and value.
If you care about what you burn in your home then give our Coffee Rapeseed candles a try! Handmade right here in Wales using the finest ingredients sourced from Wales/UK wherever possible.
- The first time you burn your candle, it’s very important to keep it lit until the whole surface is liquid wax and extends to the edges of the vessel. When you burn it thereafter it will burn down evenly and slower.
- When burning after the initial burn, try and burn for a minimum of 45 minutes and no longer than 3-4 hours.
- Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm and if it 'mushrooms' nip the top off. This helps control the size of the flame so as not to burn too fast.
- Ideally, use a snuffer to extinguish your candle, blowing it out can cause some of the wick to drop into the wax and slightly damage the wick.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- If soot does form on the inside of the vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Do not leave your candles unattended and place away from drafts, children and pets. Always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface.
- The glass will become hot – so please handle with care.
- The coffee grounds will burn within the wax but a residue will also be left at the bottom. We strongly advise that you don’t burn these.